Discipleship Groups are one of the primary tools at Oso Creek for Growing in our Relationship with Christ.
Discipleship Groups are a way that we dig deeper into God’s Truth in community while we are being honest with each other about those areas in our life where we need to grow. It is a grassroots tool that empowers every follower of Christ to multiply their lives by reproducing spiritual disciples who can in turn reproduce others.
Here is a simple overview of what a DG is:
* DG’s meet once a week for approximately an hour
* DG’s are groups of two.
* The groups are not co-ed but gender specific
* There is no leader required for the group – only an initiator.
* Only three tasks are to be accomplished in a DG:
1) Sin is confessed in mutual accountability
2) Scripture is read and discussed together
3) Those who do not know Jesus are prayed for specifically and continuously
Who should be in DG’s:
Everyone who wants to grow in their relationship with God.
If you would like more information or want to be a part of a DG at Oso Creek, please email our Discipleship Pastor Scott Britton by clicking here or call him at 361.774.9161.